Don Henley (Photo courtesy of www.EaglesBand.com)
The City of Linden is the county seat of Cass County, Texas, north of Jefferson and south of New Boston. It is often called "Music City Texas".
It is located on U.S. Highway 59 and Texas Highway 155.
The Linden Courthouse is a National Registry Historic Building. Linden has strong music roots. It is the home of famous musicians like Rock Star Don Henley, Blues Legend Aaron T-Bone Walker, and others.
Music City Texas Theater, located in Linden, hosts music concerts throughout the year and is a highlight of the area.
The Linden Zip Code is 75563, and its Area Code is 903. Its population is about 2,000 residents.
Area Tourism and Attractions
While visiting the area, you may want to take other interesting day trips in several directions:
- Jacksonville - to the south of Tyler on U.S. 69
- Love's Lookout - beautiful 30-mile vista to the East
- Athens - Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center
- Canton - home of First Monday Trade Days
- Gladewater - antique capitol of East Texas
- Kilgore - home of the East Texas Oil Museum and Kilgore College
- Longview - historic buildings, shopping, restaurants
- Marshall - Marshall Pottery, Railroad Museum, more
- Toledo Bend Reservoir - boating, fishing, swimming, marinas, hiking, camping, golf, resorts, restaurants
- Bullard - just south of Tyler, home of wineries and the Freedom Museum
Welcome to Linden and Texas ... the Lone Star State! (staff photo)