Texas Wineries and Vineyards
There are over 500 wineries in Texas, ranging from small producers who concentrate on tourism for the majority of their sales to large wineries who support state, national and international markets.
Texas is the site of the first vineyard established in North America by Franciscan priests about 1662. As the fifth-largest wine producing state in the U.S., Texas’ sunny, dry climate is ideal for wine production.
Today, Texas has over 4,000 acres of producing vineyard farmland, from East Texas to North Texas to the Hill Country near Austin. The state is home to over 42 members of theVitis grape vine family with 15 being native to the state.
Texas Wine Resources, Growers, Vineyards, Trails & Tours
- Texas Wine & Grape Growers Association - headquarters in Grapevine, Texas. More information about the Association on Facebook.
- Texas Hill Country Wineries & Wine Trails - The Texas Hill Country Wineries are spectacular and fun! Over 50 unique and visually stunning wineries are scattered throughout the Hill Country, from Austin to Fredericksburg and Lampasas to New Braunfels. Be sure to visit Texas Hill Country Wineries on Facebook
- Wineries in Fredericksburg, Texas - The Texas Hill Country is home to over 100 wineries and vineyards, and Fredericksburg is the epicenter of Texas Wine Country. There are more than 50 wineries and tasting rooms located in Fredericksburg and Gillespie County.
- Texas Wine Lover - Includes an interactive map of Texas wineries.
- North Texas Wine Country - More wineries and vineyards are being founded in North Texas every year. From the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex north to the Red River, the North Texas Wine Country flows through gentle hills and rolling river valleys.
- Fredericksburg Wine Tours - Comfortable step-up coaches, with or without lunch included.
- Heart of Texas Wine Tours - From Wimberley to Fredericksburg and throughout Central Texas.
Vineyards and Wineries in East Texas
East Texas offers a wide variety of wineries and vineyards for residents and visitors alike! The varied topography of East Texas offers vintners ideal locales for the growing and harvesting of grapes.
Included on this page are highlights of some of the more popular vineyards across this part of Texas.
Whether you are touring in the south part of East Texas, around Beaumont and Port Arthur, or in Upper East Texas in the Daingerfield area, there are lots of wineries and vineyards to explore and enjoy!
Just east of Bullard on FM 344 is Kiepersol Enterprises. On the grounds are a complete range of activities, facilities and services:
In October is the popular Kiepersol Harvest Festival & Grape Stomp.
Guided tours of the winery are available year-round. The beautiful Winery Tasting Room overlooks the vineyards.
For more information, visit the Kiepersol Website or phone 903.894.8995
Los Pinos Ranch Vineyards
One of the many attractions in Upper East Texas is the Los Pinos Ranch Vineyards, lovely any time of the year, spectacular in the fall.
Tours of the production area are offered by appointment. Los Pinos also operates a location in Fredericksburg.
The winery, restaurant and tasting room is located at 658 County Road 1334, Pittsburg, TX 75686. Phone 903.855.1769
Enoch's Stomp Vineyard & Winery
Enoch’s Stomp sits upon 90 acres of beautiful rolling hills in Harleton, East Texas.
The includes 12 acres of several grape vine varietals.
Since its inception, Enoch's Stomp has accumulated over 110 medals, the majority belonging to its signature white wine, Blanc DuBois. Tours of the property and winery are offered by reservation.
The winery, restaurant and tasting room is located at 871 Ferguson Road (CR 4312), Harleton, TX 75651. Phone 903.240.1587
Free State Cellars
Established over 35 vintages ago, this estate vineyard features seven acres with more than 1,000 black and bronze muscadine grape vines.
The winery and tasting room is located at 4702 Tejas Parkway, Orange, TX 77632. Phone 409.221.7232
O'Farrell Country Vineyards
O'Farrell Country Vineyards has grown to include more than 60 rows and more than 460 plants.
All 14 varieties are muscadines, cultivars developed over more than 100 years from this grape species native to North America.
The winery and tasting room is located 7152 FM 995, Atlanta, TX 75551. Phone 903.846.2054
Texas Wine Shop and Sarah's Vineyard
Sarah's vineyard on Carter Creek covers 20 acres and features 12 varieties of mature muscadine grapes, and is the source of grapes for the Jewels of the Forest line of wines.
The winery, vineyard and retail shop is located at 2055 S. Wheeler St. (Hwy 96 South) Jasper, TX 75951. Phone 409.202.5117
Tara Vineyard & Winery
Tara Vineyard & Winery, the oldest winery in Henderson County, is owned and operated by the Pierce family.
Nestled in among the vineyard is the Tara Inn housed in the historic Murchison home, constructed in the 1880s and relocated from downtown Athens and open for overnight guests.
The winery and tasting room is located 8603 County Road 3914, Athens, TX 75752. Phone 903.675.7023
More Wineries and Vineyards in East Texas
There are dozens of interesting wineries and vineyards all across East Texas. Here a just a few more that are popular with residents and tourists ... but there are so many more to explore and enjoy!
|Wineries and Vineyards||Location|
|Canon Creek Vineyard||Canton|
|Valle della Pace Vineyards & Winery||Garden Valley|
|White Fox Vineyards||Murchison|
|Naca Valley Vineyard||Nacogdoches|
|Maydelle Country Wines||Rusk|
|Briar Creek Vineyards||Whitehouse|
|Vine 2 Vine Vineyard & Winery||Winnie|
|Bella Stella Winery||Winnsboro|