The City of Paris is located in Lamar County, Texas, between New Boston and Sherman on U.S. Highway 82, and also on U.S. 271 and Texas Highway 19.
It is often called the "Second Largest Paris in the World." Following a tradition of American cities named "Paris", a 65-foot replica of the Eiffel Tower was constructed in 1993. It is home to Paris Junior College.
It serves as center for healthcare for much of Northeast Texas and Southeast Oklahoma.
Paris is assigned Zip Codes 75460-75462, and its Area Code is 903. Its population of about 26,000 residents.
Hotels and Accommodations in Paris TexasParis has several motels, hotels and other accommodations.
Area Tourism and Attractions
While visiting the area, you may want to take other interesting day trips in several directions:
- Jacksonville - to the south of Tyler on U.S. 69
- Love's Lookout - beautiful 30-mile vista to the East
- Athens - Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center
- Canton - home of First Monday Trade Days
- Gladewater - antique capitol of East Texas
- Kilgore - home of the East Texas Oil Museum and Kilgore College
- Longview - historic buildings, shopping, restaurants
- Toledo Bend Reservoir - boating, fishing, swimming, marinas, hiking, camping, golf, resorts, restaurants