New Summerfield Texas
The City of New Summerfield is located in Cherokee County in Upper East Texas on U.S. Highway 79 and State Highway 110.
The city is situated east of Jacksonville, south of Troup, and northeast of Rusk.
|Population||843 residents in the 2020 Federal Census|
Interactive Map of New Summerfield Texas (courtesy of Google)
Map of East Texas
Lake Striker is located near Reklaw and east of New Summerfield, east of Jacksonville, and southwest of Henderson. Its normal pool elevation is 293 feet above sea level.
The lake is popular for its fishing, and largemouth bass, catfish and crappie are caught throughout the year. Lake Striker is also used for a variety of recreational purposes.
The Lake Striker Resort, on the east side of the lake, offers hotel rooms, cabins, camp sites, a RV park, a restaurant and a live entertainment venue. The resort also features a marina with boat launch, covered fishing pier, and a Texas Parks and Wildlife official weigh-in station. Its address is 18560 County Road 4256, South Reklaw, Texas 75784.
East Texas Attractions
While visiting the New Summerfield area, you may want to take other interesting day trips in several directions:
- Jefferson - antiques, Jay Gould's railroad car, Jefferson Carnegie Library, steam train rides, steamboats on Caddo Lake, B&Bs
- Gladewater - antique capitol of East Texas, Gusher Days, Roundup Rodeo, Helen Lee Daffodil Gardens
- Gilmer - East Texas Yamboree, Historic Upshur Museum, Lake Gilmer
- Kilgore - home of the East Texas Oil Museum and Kilgore College
- Joinerville Texas - Daisy Bradford oil discovery monuments and Great East Texas Oilfield markers, Gaston Museum
- Longview - Gregg County Fair & Exposition, Longview Museum of Fine Arts, R.G. LeTourneau Museum, Great Texas Balloon Race, historic buildings, shopping, restaurants
- Marshall - Michelson Museum of Art, Starr Family home State Historic Park, Harrison County Historical Museum, The Weisman, Ginocchio Hotel, T&P Railroad Museum, Christmas Wonderland of Lights
- Carthage - Texas Country Music Hall of Fame, East Texas Oil & Gas Blast, Piney Woods Quilt Festival Rode Jamboree
- Henderson - Heritage Syrup Festival, Howard Dickinson House Museum, Depot Museum, antique shopping, Historic Downtown Square
- Rusk - Texas State Railroad, Cherokee Civic Theatre, Silsbee Drive Thru Safari
- Lufkin - Ellen Trout Zoo, Cotton Square Heritage Park, First Street Arts Center, Texas Forestry Museum
- Tyler - Municipal Rose Garden, TJC Planetarium, Caldwell Zoo, Tyler Museum of Art, Lake Tyler, Lake Palestine, Rose Rudman Recreational Trail, Cotton Belt Depot, Goodman-LeGrand House
Lodging Options in the New Summerfield Area